2-3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 pack of flour tortillas (I use Smart & Delicious by La Tortilla Factory)
1/3 cup frozen corn
1 can Black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 diced yellow/white onion
1 packet of enchilada seasoning
1 can enchilada sauce
1-4 oz container of non-fat Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1-1/2 lime
1 tbs agave or honey
Cheese for topping
diced tomatoes, avocados, green onions and lettuce for topping
Directions for enchiladas:
- Boil the chicken until cooked through, using two forks shred the cooked chicken.
- Heat enchilada sauce in a pot and keep on low to stay warm
- In a large nonstick skillet sauté onions in olive oil till fragrant, add the shredded chicken and enchilada seasoning and follow the instruction on the packet for how much water to add. Bring to a boil and add frozen corn and black beans, cook till warmed through and water is evaporated.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 6 servings, scoop each serving into one tortilla shell, roll and place into a glass-cooking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle with the cheese and place it in the oven on broil. Broil it long enough till the cheese is melted and starting to get a little crispy, make sure to keep an eye on it, it melts fast!
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, avocados, green onions, lettuce and yogurt sauce or any other toppings you like and enjoy!
Directions for yogurt sauce:
- In a blender combine 1-4oz container of non-fat Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and agave/honey
- Blend till smooth add a dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Note: you can add more or less agave/honey or lime juice, it just depends on how sweet or tangy you like it. I prefer it tangier.