My name is Michelle, I am a recent graduate of Michigan State University with a B.S in Exercise Science and a specialization in Health Promotion. Being healthy is a big part of my life and is something that has always been very important to me. When I went to college this passion for healthy living influenced my career path. I experimented with a few different majors in the health related field on my way to Exercise Science. I even tried a few different areas of concentration within this major before I realized what I was really looking for. I wanted to find a degree where I would be able to incorporate all aspects of health.That is why I ended up specializing in Health Promotion. A Health Promotion Specialization allowed me to gain valuable knowledge about nutrition as well as exercise and mental health, such as stress management and behavioral changes. I am a big believer in preventative health care through healthy lifestyle choices and hope to share the knowledge I have gained to educate and help others achieve their health related goals.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I have been running all my life but I ran my first race (10K) in the fall 2012. My first half marathon was just in April 2013 and I loved it. I am hoping to eventually work my way to a full at least once.
- I love cooking! I like finding ways to take an unhealthy dish and give it a healthy spin.
- My favorite healthy snack is apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon… My indulgence is ice cream 🙂
- I am became gluten free about six months ago. After having stomach issues for the last 6 years I realized the reason I might be “allergic” to beer and not ciders or gluten free beer…might be that I am allergic to gluten. Since then, my stomach has been much more agreeable, so all of the recipes you will find on here are gluten free, except for the few I posted before the change.
- Being gluten free can be fun. I get to experiment with ingredients I wouldn’t have otherwise, its opened up a whole new world of cooking for me.
- I am a certified group fitness instructor.
- I am currently a Program Specialist for StayWell Health Management, promoting healthy lifestyle changes and management for Chrysler employees.